ONLINE BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All bookings are subject to the following terms and all customers are encouraged to read through these carefully prior to making a booking.
1. Villa Online from now on as the "Agent", acts as agent on behalf of the property owner, the "Owner". Any reservations made through the agent will form a contractual relationship between you and the owner. Villa Online is not, and will at no time be, party to that contract.
Bookings and Payment
2. No contract with the owner will exist until a booking form has been completed and the Agent has received full payment or a deposit of at least 15% of the full amount due, plus the refundable security deposit (between 200€ and 500€ depending on the property) and the confirmation of booking has been issued. The contract is subject to these booking conditions, the terms of which are deemed to have been accepted by you upon issue of the booking confirmation. You are then liable for paying upto 50% of the rent due, which must be paid no later than eight weeks prior to the commencement of the holiday. Leaving the remaining payment to be paid in cash at the house on check-in day or in full via bank transfer seven days before the arrival date.
3. Where the Agent has not received the balance by its due date, a reminder will be issued 7 days after and an administration charge of 10€ will be added to the balance due. If the balance is not received within seven working days of that reminder, the Agent reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and re-book the dates to new travellers and you will have no claim against the Agent or the Owner for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
Cancellation and Amendments
4. You must notify us immediately either in writing or by email if you wish to cancel your booking. If you notify us with eight weeks or more, Villa Online will refund all monies paid, except as noted otherwise in the booking confirmation; with less than 8 weeks notice no money will de refunded however if you wish, you can buy insurance to cover the full amount until the day of entry.
5. If it proves necessary for the Agent to make a change in your holiday booking by reason of the unexpected withdrawal of the property by the owner, by overbooking or any other reason, the Agent will make reasonable efforts to make an alternative booking for you. Failing this we will refund to you any monies paid by you. Nevertheless, the Agent shall be under no further obligation or liability to you in this respect.
6. To the best of the Agent's knowledge, all information regarding the properties displayed on this website is accurate and up-to-date. Property descriptions and/or rental rates may be subject to change. Upon notification of any material inaccuracies in a property description or price changes or any material changes made by the Owner, the Agent will endeavour to amend the published details at the earliest opportunity and inform you.
7. The Agent reserves the right to amend any inaccuracies including description, services and pricing. If the alterations prove unacceptable to the Holidaymaker then alternative accommodation will be arranged or a full refund of monies paid will be given. The Agent is not liable for any costs associated with alternative accommodation, which must be paid by you. The Agent cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned on the website.
8. It is your responsibility to:
8.1 Make contact with the Owner or his/her representative to arrange for key collection where necessary. His/her details will be sent to you via e-mail in 7 days before arrival, following payment. Where a secure key box is provided you will be provided with the code in your final confirmation.
8.2 Ensure that the maximum occupancy of the property is not exceeded. If this number is exceeded without prior consent then the Owner reserves the right to revoke the booking without refund.
8.3 Show due consideration to other parties such as those occupying neighbouring or adjoining property.
8.4 Ensure you do not assign or part with the possession of the holiday accommodation or any part of it, or anything contained within it or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on the booking form.
8.5 Allow the Owner or his/her representative and/or the Agent access to the property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday.
8.6 Keep the property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your occupancy and for any consequential loss.
8.7 Report as soon as possible to the Owner or his/her representative any breakages or damage caused by you during the holiday and to reimburse the Owner with the cost of replacement. The Owner reserves the right to make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
8.8 Arrive after 17:00hr on the arrival day and vacate the property by 11:00hr on the day of departure unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the Owner.
8.9 Not (without the express permission of the Owner) allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the property.
8.10 To notify all other members of your party of these undertakings.
9. In the event of a breach of any of the undertakings set out in clause 8, the Owner or his/her representative can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the property before the end of your holiday. In either case you shall be deemed to have cancelled your booking and shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
10. Many of our property owners are happy to accept one small, well behaved dog in their property. All properties' descriptions on our website contain information as to whether a dog is allowed or not. If you take a pet to a property that does not allow them, or exceeds the stated number/size of pet, the Owner or his/her representative can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the property before the end of the holiday. If this happens you will be deemed to have cancelled the booking and you shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
11. Pets are accepted on the understanding that no sign of the pet is evident, in the house or garden at the time of departure. Pets are not allowed in the bedrooms, on the furniture or to be left alone in the property. You are liable for all damage caused by your pet and the Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your occupancy. We will inform you of any damages made by your pet and any additional charges incurred within 7 days of your return from holiday. We regret that cats and caged animals/rodents or birds are not accepted at any of our properties.
12. The Agent and Owner shall have no liability for the death or personal injury of anyone in your party.
13. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and that of those in your party. No liability is accepted by the Agent or the Owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property.
14. We highly recommend holidaymakers take out holiday insurance to cover all of the above eventualities.
15. No representative, agent or sales person (whether employed by the Agent or not):
15.1 Has the authority to vary, amend or waive any of these booking conditions and no amendment or addition to any of these booking conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted unless accepted in writing by a senior manager of the Agent; and/or
15.2 Has the authority to make any verbal representations or provide additional information over and above information contained in the Agent’s brochures and website. The Agent cannot accept responsibility and give no warranty in respect of information or representations not contained in these booking conditions, the Agent’s brochures and/or the Agent’s website.
16. As the Agent acts only on behalf of the Owner, the Agent cannot accept any liability for any act(s) or omission(s) of the Owner or anyone representing, or employed by, the Owner. Further, the Agent cannot accept any liability for any shortcomings or defects with or in any property as all properties are within the sole control of the Owner.
17. If you feel you have a genuine complaint in respect of your holiday home you should immediately refer this complaint to the owner or his/her representative. The Agent encourages property owners to take all complaints seriously and make all reasonable effort to resolve the issue as soon as possible. The Agent accepts no liability for remedying any complaint.
18. If you are unhappy with the Owner's response you should contact the Agent immediately. Complaints which are not reported immediately, will not be entertained subsequently, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of complaints made on departure or after your return home.
19. For most of our properties, the Owner requires a damage/breakages deposit to be paid in advance of your stay. You will be notified if this is the case in your final booking confirmation and what procedure to follow in order to meet this condition.
20. The Owner will be entitled to withhold some or all of the deposit to meet the cost of remedying any damage or breakage.
These terms are deemed to have been accepted by you at the time of making your booking.